Abstract and Symposium Submission
ALL SUBMISSIONS OPEN – 1 April 2018
SYMPOSIUM SUBMISSIONS CLOSE – 31 May 2018
Symposium Submissions (includes 3 learning objectives, titles of 3 presentations and a 100 word abstract for each). The Scientific Committee will select 6 Symposia from amongst those submitted. Presentations in non-selected symposia may be given as oral or poster communications.
RESEARCH ABSTRACTS CLOSE – 31July 2018
Research Abstracts (300 word individual contributed abstract submissions). Authors should indicate preference for oral or poster communication, authors will be allocated their presentation mode of choice where programming permits.
The abstracts will be published in a special issue of the Australasian Journal on Ageing. Abstracts can be submitted under the following themes, but are not limited to the list:
- Stem cells
- Fat, muscle, and bone interactions
- Mechanisms of sarcopenia, frailty and osteosarcopenia
- Myokines and adipokines
- Hormones, muscle and bone
- Vitamin D and its target organs
- Protein turnover in muscle and bone
- Glucose metabolism in muscle and bone
- Animal models of sarcopenia and frailty
- Biomarkers for sarcopenia and frailty
- Experimental treatments for sarcopenia, osteosarcopenia and frailty (what is in the pipeline?)
- New imaging methods for sarcopenia and osteosarcopenia
- Clinical criteria for sarcopenia and frailty
- Clinical outcomes in sarcopenia and frailty
- Use and imaging to diagnose sarcopenia and osteosarcopenia
- Current therapeutic interventions for sarcopenia, osteosarcopenia and frailty
- How to design clinical trials in sarcopenia and frailty?
- The role of nutrition in the treatment sarcopenia and frailty
- Exercise programs
- Falls and fractures prevention
- Falls and Fractures Clinics
Awards will be given during the conference for the following:
- Highest ranked abstract – Clinical and Translational Sciences
- Highest ranked abstract – Biomedical Sciences
- Best poster presentation (selected by the attendees)
The highest ranked abstracts receive $1,000, which must be spent to attend the International Conference of Sarcopenia and Frailty
The best poster receives $500, no conditions attached.
Up to five (5) members in-training travel grants of $1,000 will be offered to the authors of the highest ranked abstracts at the Conference. The travel grant is to be used for travel, accommodation and registration for the ANZSSFR 2018 Meeting. Please apply for the travel grant when you submit your research abstract. Travel grants are only available for in-training members based outside of South Australia.
Withdraw an abstract
If you want to withdraw an abstract, please contact the Conference Secretariat in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that withdrawals need to be communicated in writing by the author who originally submitted the abstract, and in doing so, the Conference Secretariat assumes that all other authors/presenters have been informed of the withdrawal.
Important: Once an abstract is withdrawn, it may not be reinstated.